Public Facing Duties
Administrative and Financial Responsibilities
Embodiment of Organizational Values and Moral Integrity
· Develop, design of sponsorship packages and fulfillment of sponsorship benefits
· Prospect and acquire philanthropic, member and donor sponsorship and partnerships for WE CAN DANCE organization and events
· Host and manage sponsor’s participation at WE CAN DANCE events, ensuring a positive sponsor experience of the organizations’ programs
· Coordinate with the marketing director to ensure brand consistency in marketing messages in sponsorship packages
· Maintain database of prospects with relevant tags, descriptive and other helpful information
· Prepare annual report of awards and spend; coordinate with other departments to gather appropriate data
Director of Corporate Sponsorship Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
· Two or more years of Corporate Sponsorship, Corporate Giving, Non-profit Development, or equivalent experience
· Ability to plan, organize, and execute special events for donors, patrons, and corporate sponsors
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and spoken communication
· Professional yet personable at all times
· Ability to negotiate contracts, partnerships, sponsorships, and manage third-party vendors
· Experience and knowledge to create and comprehend budgets and financial reports
· Identify grant opportunities and present them to the Board
· Write, review, edit and submit grant applications
· Generate grant agreements and sign contracts on behalf of organization
· Write grant reports – track fulfillment of grant requirements: such as outreach, programs, attendance, outcomes, ongoing and emergent needs, etc.
· Ensure that WE CAN DANCE adheres to federal, state, municipal and all legal and tax requirements
· Coach and develop training programs to empower grant staff to become excellent grant writers
· Develop a simple database for storing program data for grant applications and final reports
· Continually stay abreast of grants management best practices.
· Perform all other related duties as needed
Director of Grants Qualifications:
· 2-5 years prior experience in development, grant writing or grants administration
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
· Staff management skills are ideal
· Fluent and persuasive written and spoken English language skills
· Develop and drive a cohesive multi-channel communication strategy
· Develop contact with mainstream media members, influencers, and community leaders
· Assist in the creation of digital, video, audio and print content
· Project a positive and consistently branded organization image to the public
· Respond to emergent issues in a prompt and timely manner with brand consistent messaging across all communication outlets
· Lead a team of communications, marketing, and design professionals
· Collaborate with the Director of Marketing to develop a brand voice and maintain brand integrity across all platforms
· Proven experience and success in digital storytelling and crafting engaging narratives and content
Director of Communications and Public Relations Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting, journalism, communications, marketing, English, psychology, or other helpful disciplines from an accredited four-year college or university
· Ease and experience creating and executing consistent social media marketing plans, branded messaging, digital storytelling, and other content.
· Experience and/or ability to learn and apply principles of copywriting, and copy editing, graphic design, layout, print publishing, and mass mailing
· Proven work experience as communication director or a similar role
· Create Data collection standards, metrics, and rubrics
· Perform analyses to guide programming, and satisfy reporting requirements of grant agencies
· Collaborate with Director of Grants, Program Director, and Volunteer Manager to create a Theory of Change and create data collection methods.
· Write Reports and make presentations to sponsors, donors, and board members as needed
· Train staff and volunteers, as needed, for data collection in the field / at events, and train for data entry
· Lead the annual budget development process, and monitor all income and expenditures
· Prepare quarterly and annual financial reports for the nonprofit
· Manage Directors of Sponsorship, Director of Grants and Director of Research to coordinate efforts to gain an organizational view of financial standing, fiscal health, liability, and operations.
· Manage annual financial audit process, oversee the preparation of fiscal and quarterly reports
· Oversee tax preparation and filing
· Negotiate, prepare and monitor all vendor and consultant contracts
· Set-up and manage people and systems to adhere to grant fulfilment requirements.
· Set up and manage fiscal and payroll systems
· Other duties as needed
Director of Finance and Operations qualifications:
· Two or more years of nonprofit financial management and operations experience
· Bachelor’s degree, MBA, CPA or equivalent combination of financial and operations management experience required
· Experience as a trainer on accounting principles preferred
· Develop, lead, and implement strategies to increase and retain individual membership
· Oversee execution of members-only appreciation events
· Answer inquiries related to membership
· Manage and grow existing relationship with members
· Develop quarterly and annual membership reports
Director of Individual Membership Qualifications:
· Entrepreneurial or start-up experience, with a history of building a membership or constituent base
· Experience creating content and messaging for social media to engage new and existing members
· Excellent organizational, time management, problem solving, and project management skills
· Fluent or proficient oral and written (business) English.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
· Prior membership department experience in a nonprofit environment preferred
· General financial oversight ensuring proper utilization, distribution, and reporting of all funds according to budgets, and outlined annual plan / organizational goals
· Financial reporting to board, funders, and IRS
· Book keeping, banking and record keeping according to IRS standards
· Oversight of Financial planning and budgeting processes with department heads
· Accounting of, and reporting on donations, fundraising, and event ticket sales
· Prior experience working with a non-profit in a similar capacity
· Experience interfacing with diverse groups of individuals with various skillsets
· Financial reporting
· Experience setting, managing and reporting on budgets
· Project management or project coordination experience
· Accounting background preferred. Book keeping experience is acceptable
· Record and distribute board meeting minutes.
· Maintain accurate records.
· Arrange and Schedule board meetings with Board members.
· Manage lists of event attendees.
· Ensure Board Member’s contact information is up-to-date.
· Project tracking to hold Board members accountable to tasks.
· Track board member terms and transitions.
· Orient New Board Members as needed.
· Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant or Virtual Assistant experience preferred
· Project coordination or project management experience
· Professional verbal and written communication skills: including editing, proof reading and communicating with executives
· Organized, and able to create standardized filing and recordkeeping systems
· Punctual and able to meet deadlines
· Conscientious and attentive to detail
· Able to work with a diverse group of people over time
· Training experience to introduce new members to processes and events etc.
· Develop effective marketing and promotion strategies to reach WE CAN DANCE target audience
· Develop marketing messages, and overseeing marketing content to ensure brand consistency
· Develop and manage marketing budget
· Provide guidance and instruction to marketing team
· Prepare annual report on marketing initiatives, costs and returns on investment
Director of Marketing Qualifications:
· Communications and Marketing experience in a non-profit organization or other sectors is an advantage
· Strong organizational and project managing skills; familiarity with non-profit communication practices to support fundraising campaigns
· Fluent in business level written and spoken English
· Master’s Degree preferred; alternately a Bachelors with Specialization or certificate, or two years equivalent prior work experience
· Provide legal representation for the organization
· Identify, research, and analyze legal issues that affect the organization
· Manage all contracts, licenses, certifications, and regulatory compliance
· Provide guidance, develop and implement policies
· Develop and manage the legal department budget
Director of Legal / Attorney Qualifications:
· Prior experience or a desire to work in a nonprofit organization in a legal role or department
· JD or higher in nonprofit or business law, related fields is preferred
· Fluent oral and written business English and legal jargon.
· Event planning and management
· Responsible for event operations / logistics
· Create event budgets
· Collaborate with Volunteer Manager and director of Programs to plan and produce events
· Attend events and manage event schedule and urgent needs as they arise
· Plan and implement safety measures, event security, and participant assistance if needed
· Prepare annual reports
Director of Events and Logistics qualifications:
· Experience working as an event planner and / or logistics or operations manager
· Previous personnel management experience
· Experience working with third party vendors such as caterers, furniture rental, event space rentals, decorators, etc.
· Budget creation, management and reporting
· Coordinate all grant programs
· Ensure program compliance
· Organize and oversee fundraising and outreach activities
· Capture footage of events for use in marketing and social media content
· Work with Volunteer Manager to recruit, assign tasks and roles to team members
· Ensure that organizational event calendars and planning software are up to date and adhered to.
· Write program reports
Director of Programming qualifications
· Two of more years working at nonprofit organizations in a similar or related capacity
· Bachelor’s degree or event planning certificate and / or equivalent event planning and logistical experience
Copyright © 2023 We Can Dance a Nonprofit corporation - All Rights Reserved.